The Fort Erie EDTC is here to help business and industry. Here's how;
• Site location studies/analysis;
• Strategic alliance matchmaking, export market development, crisis management, lobbying;
• Marketing programs to attract new businesses, tourism and other development investment; and,
• Advice and referral for government assistance and programs.
The EDTC's core objectives are fostering growth in industrial, commercial, and tourism investment that generate the most potential for jobs, employment spin-offs and overall wealth creation and promoting Fort Erie internationally, as a great place to visit, live and work – the Fort Erie EDTC fosters an environment in the Town of Fort Erie conducive to business creating jobs and economic prosperity.
The EDTC is committed to providing current, accurate, and relevant information to assist current and future residents and investors, as well as visitors, in their decision-making process. Be it through site location studies or analysis, marketing programs, referral services, strategic alliance matchmaking programs or tourism showcases, the EDTC strives to provide the right information to the right people quickly and accurately.
• Promotes Fort Erie in the international marketplace, and as a vacation destination.
• Assists local companies with expansion and modernization efforts.
• Searches for new investment opportunities and ways to highlight Fort Erie's competitive advantage.
• Maintains databases of up-to date local economic indicators.
• Co-ordinates local economic development efforts, and tourism initiatives.
• Advises companies and individuals interested in relocating to Fort Erie.
• Researches local land availability, market trends and business opportunities
The EDTC also provides:
• site location studies/analysis
• joint venture/licensing match making/export market development
• promotional programs to attract new businesses, tourism, and other development investments
• tourism investment facilitation
• co-op destination tourism marketing in collaboration with local tourism industry
• Tourism Fort Erie/Niagara fulfillment house
• advice and referral to appropriate agencies for government assistance and program
The Fort Erie EDTC’s core business units;
Tourism product development & destination marketing
“Having had the privilege to work with the Fort Erie Economic Development & Tourism Corporation over the past 10 years, I’ve truly developed an appreciation for its strategically focused, no-nonsense approach to community based economic development. I have seen firsthand, the incredible results the EDTC has produced for the Town of Fort Erie and its industrial and business leaders”.
Mr. Kim Craitor, MPP
Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Niagara-On-The-Lake
“The Fort Erie Economic Development & Tourism Corporation has encouraged and assisted the Town of Fort Erie planning, engineering and other departments to better understand business and development interests, processes and considerations an to develop a more proactive “customer service approach” to business and industrail development in the Town of Fort Erie”.
Mayor Doug Martin
Town of Fort Erie
“As head of a border community’s economic development function, the FE:EDTC understands the complexities and challenges of an international border and has been instrumental in advocating for border improvements, not only for the local economy but also provincially. The FE:EDTC recognizes the integrated nature of the Canadian and U.S. economies and the importance of the free flow of trade and travelers”.
Mr. Ron Reinas
Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority